Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dear Someone,

She has always been like that. When it's convenient she acts as my mom, and she's even capable of telling me how ungrateful I am. "Mommy is the lady who raises you, not the one who gives birth to you", she'd always say, and sometimes I would believe her. But whenever things get too hard, she's never my mom. "I need money for college", I say "I've always been bright, a successful carreer awaits, but I need a diploma first!". And the answer never changes "I'm not your mommy. I've got no obligations. And I've done enough already, I raised you when you weren't my business. Now why can't that be enough? Call your mother and ask her for help. She's got the money."And whenever I go black she calls someone else to pick me up and clean my mess. "I can deal with her no more. She doesn't listen to me, she doesn't listen do anyone. And she's not my business. I'm too old for this anyway - you come and take her with you." Well I need no part-time mommy. I'm putting up with this no more. If you're not my mommy all the time, then you've never been my mommy, and I can tell the one person you always call to come and get me the same. Therefore I am an orphan who's been left with very little in the world. But I am also a very strong and independent woman. If can't go to college I won't go, but you'd have to kill me to take me back to the place you once forced me to call "home". I am staying here, I'm going nowhere. And if I have to work on the streets, I'll do it. I'll do whatever it takes. You can take everything away from me, even my hopes and dreams of a comfortable future, but you can't make me stop controlling my own life. I'll live. Your days of suffocating me are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment